Software Quality Engineer
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror’s Edge.
At DICE we take the quality of our software very seriously. The Quality Verification Engineering group is comprised of software engineers who specialize in advanced test automation tools and techniques. Their work allows us to take the testing of our games to the next level and scale our testing to the demands of the millions of players who enjoy them.
As an engineer within the DICE Quality Verification Engineering (QVE) Team and as a member of the worldwide Quality Verification (QV) organization, you will report into the DICE QV Engineering Manager and help ensure that our games will be stable through every stage of development. You will be tasked to promote the development of and set a new bar for one of the most advanced, feature-complete automation platforms to power the development and testing of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide.
Your role will be to improve the creation experience for developers, and the ultimate game quality experience for our players. While also using automated testing, workflow tools, development services and data insights to promote industry-defining game quality by identifying defects earlier, building confidence to support high-quality games changes and getting as much information as possible to fix defects, working together with the game development teams within the Studio.
You’ll partner with colleagues and peers within the QV group, as a part of a greater organization that shapes the services necessary to provide essential services to Studio teams working on the latest and greatest games. All in all, this is an opportunity to determine what automation and game testing means within game development.
You will work with other engineering and development teams to understand and analyse requirements, problem areas and translate them into technical designs, which are reviewed and agreed upon by relevant parties.
- Join technical design and implementation of features for advanced game automation services and infrastructure.
- Design underlying database schema, interfaces, and plan for capacity.
- Design tools to simplify and smoothen the development and verification processes, with special (but not exclusive) focus on the UI. We use mostly Angular in the Web UI design for which we require some pregress working experience;
- Implement high-quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Fix bugs raised from stabilization, integration and production.
- Work to migrate legacy systems to new platforms.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems.
- Critically evaluate and adopt technologies which improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review peer developer’s code and share feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- Employ JIRA to organize development tasks and backlog.
- 3+ years of experience with Angular C# / .Net and solid computer science background including Algorithms and Data Structures (Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or engineering).
- You have experience with automated testing services, systems and methodologies for large-scale automated software testing.
- You have familiarity with microservice-based system architectures, understand the challenges behind building scalable distributed systems and have knowledge of common development practices to create, deploy, operate, monitor, and troubleshoot container-based software solutions.
- Having familiarity with or having worked previously within an engineering discipline in game development, whether graphic programming, networking engineering or engine development.
- Having some exposure to ML technologies would be a big plus.
- You are passionate about software quality and have a customer-focused mindset.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.