Rigger - Contract
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the industry. We want to make great games, and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for a Contract Rigger to tie together gameplay and storytelling through the use of character movement and join us to push quality to the next level for an unannounced AAA title.
As a Contract Rigger you will build complex character rigs, create prototypes, and deliver high-quality rigging and skinning.
Work task examples
- Character skeletal rigging and deformation systems
- Secondary and procedural systems such as dynamic joints, cloth and hair simulation, ragdolls
- Animation retargeting and animation pipeline evolution
- Tools development, training, and documentation for the animation team
- Expert knowledge of rigging and skinning (body and facial), performance capture processes and data manipulation, in-game animation systems and methodologies
- Excellent skills in Maya and MotionBuilder or similar software
- Understanding of modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, dynamics and particle systems
Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio or show reel.