Online Software Engineer
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognize that our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated in providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
The Online Software Engineer designs solutions connecting millions of players in our online multiplayer games. You will design, develop and support online features such as authentication, matchmaking, progression and in-game store for DICE's future titles. As part of a game team, your challenge will be to build high-performance systems with limited hardware resources and sometimes poor network conditions to ensure the best user experience for the players.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with game design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify online system’s needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and implement complex systems with clean interfaces.
- Write well designed, efficient and testable software.
- Work toward excellence in software craftsmanship, and work with peers to improve software design
Required Skills & Experience:
You have experience working on complex consumer software products (experience in gaming is a plus) and are comfortable talking to us about:
- C/C++ programming
- Algorithms, unit testing and memory/performance optimization.
- Distributed systems interaction and limitations.
Bonus points for:
- Passion about games and game development
- Knowledge of different network topologies used in gaming
- Experience with player progression and statistics tracking
- Multi-threaded programming and debugging experience
- Networking and application layer protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, and HTTP2)
- Experience with backend services architecture and infrastructure is preferred
- Willingness and openness to learn new skills and ramp up quickly
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees free EA games, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
At DICE, we value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We thought you might also like to know…
As part of the application process, we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.