DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The DICE Animation team works with animations specified by the projects. This may be in game animations, cinematic animations or setups in ANT and Frostbite. An animator can be proficient in one or many of the aforementioned areas.
As a studio we encourage career development, well-being and fun, which in the Animation team translates to a high degree of creative ownership, a democratic decision-making process and plenty of growth opportunities both inside and outside of the team. We promote realistic and sustainable planning to provide a healthy work-life balance. We also organize activities such as workshops, life drawing sessions and regular team meals to bring the team closer together and foster a fun and inclusive workplace.
You will work with motion capture data or create animation from reference. You will collect and record reference material for the task at hand. You will balance effort and quality against the intended purpose of the asset to create assets that live up to our visual and technical targets.
You Will Also
- Work with designers and coders and implements features in ANT.
- Test assets in the game.
- Collaborate and discuss artistic and technical challenges with colleagues.
- Create briefs for outsourcing and review results providing feedback when needed.
- Seek feedback on your work while also providing feedback to others.
- Create previzes and block out scenes.
You have artistic qualities and are excellent at interpreting reference and in game examples. You have a solid appreciation and understanding of how things are moving in real life together with a sense of style and willingness to work with actors and stunt performers. You have broad understanding of technical workflows. You are creating assets with efficiency, and being mindful of performance constraints.
You Are Also
- Someone with 2+ years of experience as a Animator in the video games industry.
- Excellent collaboration and team environment experience. You can provide structured, clear briefs and feedback to colleagues and outsourcing.
- You have an excellent understanding of Maya/MoBu and have experience with different rigs and setups.
- You put passion into everything you do and aim to improve our workflows and tools.
- An active contributor to the craft, promoting a transparent and learning culture within the team.