Associate Technical Art Director
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As an Associate Technical Art Director at DICE, you will assist the project Technical Art Director in tackling many different production challenges. You will support and grow the art team with guidance and direction on tech development, help create new art workflows and provide feedback to the artists, with a focus on technical execution. Helping them reach the visual targets from Art Direction while fulfilling technical requirements in technology, performance and workflows. You will report to the Studio Technical Director and help drive the technical craft forward.
- Prepare guides and presentations to the team.
- Provide technical guides and documentation to external partners.
- Manage technical consistency and maintain quantifiable quality.
- Ensure that the content performs well; performance, memory and data size.
- Research and prototype in-engine workflows and shader set ups in pre-production.
- Collaborate with engineers on new technology to reach groundbreaking visual quality.
- Review content and the game to ensure consistency, quality and compliance with performance goals.
- A senior artist having worked on multiple titles with 5 or more years experience.
- Worked as or with artists and has an expert understanding of content creation, modern workflows, 3D engines and development pipelines.
- An eye and understanding for visual quality and fidelity.
- Structured and service minded with a passion for identifying problems and finding solutions.
- Can support the TAD in mentoring and coaching of Technical Artists.
- Excellent communications skills are needed to instruct, inform and guide the whole game team towards the set goals.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.