Social Media Video Executive
Social Media Video Executive (UK)
Dexerto is looking for a highly organised, experienced social media professional to plan, schedule and publish our video content across all of our platforms, including YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Dexerto.com.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of esports, online culture, and social media – you will know which content will drive engagement and views on different platforms.
This isn’t a video editing role, but you would be working very closely with the Dexerto Editorial and Video teams to plan and organise multiple stages of the video process from ideation to quality checking, suggesting clips for social media, managing the schedule, writing copy, and finally publishing.
Therefore, you will need to have a good eye for a story and have excellent social media copywriting skills. There are many different facets to this role so organisation, communication and strong interpersonal skills will be key. Please send your CV with a covering letter detailing examples of how your skills match those listed below.
- Esports knowledge: Broad knowledge of esports, with deeper expertise in a few
- Social media experience: Professional experience of scheduling and publishing content on multiple social media platforms, including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram
- Project management: Is able to drive the video strategy as agreed by senior management
- Social media copywriting: You need to be able to craft everything from descriptions and titles for YouTube to copy for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram posts
- SEO: Needs to understand the keywords people search for to help with concepts, titles, descriptions, and tagging
- Analytics: You need an understanding of social media analytics and data to help you plan and schedule content
- Eye for detail: You need to be able to spot errors when checking videos, proofreading subtitles, social media copy, and tags.
- Time management: Impeccable organisation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: You’ll need to liaise with and understand the needs of different stakeholders
- Digital campaign management: Experience in coordinating commercial project planning and executions between owned and operated digital properties, agencies and clients.
- Knowledge of online culture: Have an understanding of streamers and online influencers
- Creativity: Come up with ideas for videos, series, and social media clips.
- Good contacts in the esports industry: Is able to secure interviews and footage for tournament coverage as well as find good writers to craft scripts
- Good eye for design: Understand what makes a video and a thumbnail look good
- Have worked with digital planning software such as Trello
- Have worked with JW Player or other similar video technology and distribution platforms
Would be nice..
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects: Can make simple fixes where required