As Australian Managing Editor, it’s your responsibility to drive the growth of Dexerto.com’s editorial content across our core verticals - esports, gaming and entertainment. You’ll be on top of all trends impacting our content output, following our content strategy and tone of voice.
Key to your role will be to manage and mentor the editorial team. You’ll be an accomplished writer and editor, with the ability to work closely with writers to edit and improve their copy, lead ideation and grow a culture of hard work, creativity and communication across the editorial team.
Whilst the ideation and scheduling of creative features on dexerto.com is welcome, the most important aspect of this role is that there is a steady flow of quality content - including news, opinion, features, and tips and guides - being published during Australian hours. You’ll be able to source stories for your writers that will engage a large audience, whilst some writing will be required. Knowledge of SEO and experience with analytics is essential.
You’ll be instrumental in raising the profile of Dexerto across the esports, gaming, and entertainment industry; through the delivery of exceptional content, and the development of strategic relationships with publishers and PR professionals, enabling access to exclusive content, games and news in advance.
- People management experience
- Experience as an Website Editor
- Knowledge of gaming, esports and content creators (YouTubers, Twitch streamers, etc
- News writing experience
- Headline and copy editing experience
- Creative ability - can demonstrate ability to deliver editorial ideas
- SEO knowledge
- Has worked with a CMS, preferably Wordpress
- Data analysis experience, preferably Google Analytics
- PR contacts in the gaming and / or esports industry
- Photoshop (or similar design software) experience