Junior Web Developer
Dexerto are looking for a Junior level web developer to join our fast paced and growing team. You will be expected to assist in developing bespoke WordPress themes and plugins to match the project requirements. In most cases, you would be provided a website design, with a functional specification detailing expected functionality. The end result should be pixel perfect, accessible, responsive, efficient, secure, and performant.
Dexerto is the world’s first and largest esports and influencer media platform. Our award-winning coverage pioneers professional gamers as the new athletes and social creators as the new pop stars, inspiring fans and icons alike to celebrate their passion for a new generation of sports and entertainment.
- Advanced understanding of WordPress
- Experienced in PHP, HTML, SCSS, React and JS development, with considerable experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Experienced in working with third-party API’s
- Experience with Technical SEO and its importance
- Aware of DRY coding methodologies
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think clearly and logically
- Solid knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), including WCAG 2.0 and WCAG 2.1
- Experienced with multilingual and multi-site WordPress installs
- Experience with Version Control systems (GitHub etc.)
- Can work to deadline and juggle competing priorities
- Experienced using build tools (Gulp, webpack, Sass)
- Experienced with automated deployment
- Experienced with DNS configurations, CDNs and SSL.
Bonus points for:
- Experience maintaining build tools
- Developed an open source theme or plugin .
- Be a proactive communicator
- Have the ability to communicate without jargon to non technical stakeholders
- Enjoy variety and have the ability to switch
- Always strive to make things better
- Have an eagerness to learn
- Believe in the importance of standardisation and processes
- Have the ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Be naturally honest and dependable.