Games Writer (Junior)
Dexerto are looking for talented games writers.
You should be a versatile writer who is able to source and write compelling news stories, features and tips articles about big gaming franchises – everything from FIFA to Fortnite, Call of Duty to Destiny, and World of Warcraft to GTA.
As well as covering blockbusters, you will be able to identify trends, and recommend games that Dexerto should be covering. Together with your colleagues, you will be expected to develop content plans for any title using a combination of your gaming knowledge, SEO results and data analysis.
Knowledge of social media is desirable, for as well as writing for dexerto.com, you will have to publish some of your work on Twitter and Facebook. Basic Photoshop skills are also desirable.
Experience of writing for a publication is advantageous, but it is also important that you can demonstrate your passion for gaming. We’re looking for people who love playing games and understand exactly what content gamers are looking for.
- Understanding and knowledge of gaming
- A snappy and compelling writing style
- Able to write to short deadlines under pressure
- Have a keen attention to detail – can spot grammatical errors and fact check
- Creative ability – able think of feature ideas and suggest news stories that will resonate with our audience
- Able to act independently on writing tasks
- Is confident with social media
- SEO knowledge desirable but not essential
- Own computing equipment that can run Photoshop and be able to use it competently
- Experience with content management systems is desirable
- Able to work full-time hours (40) without other education or job commitments
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ AND DO THIS
Submit your resume with a detailed cover letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role. We would like to see links to your previous work, as well as a 350 word news article (linked via Google Docs or similar) on a big current news story in gaming. The story must appeal to Dexerto’s audience and be written in the style of our content. We would also like one feature idea that you think would resonate with our audience. You must do these tasks or you will not be considered for the role.