(Closed) Esports Presenter/Host
Dexerto.com is looking for a talented, upbeat Presenter/Host based in London, UK - to take on a fantastic and new opportunity.
This is an exciting new role for Dexerto, the worlds largest esports media network, as we are looking for a competent, upbeat Presenter/Host with a great voice for Daily esports/gaming shows. The role involves creating, writing and assisting in the production of the show. The presenter will be required to find and research topics, curate and help the team source the appropriate content.
As well as news stories, you need to be able to deliver features for Dexerto, so we are looking for a creative person, who has a deep knowledge of existing esports and streaming culture, can quickly jump on viral trends, and has ideas that will help shape Dexerto's content output globally.
Dexerto is a fast-paced and growing company and the successful candidate will be able to take constant feedback, be flexible with working hours, including working weekends. The successful candidate will take ownership of the Daily News programme.
- Proactive with ideas, improvements, criticisms/feedback and solutions
- Excellent time management skills and well organised
- Emphasise excellent English language skills in addition to script writing skills
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about streaming and vlogging culture, or otherwise able to learn quickly
- Research topics and background for items featured on shows
- Planning and rehearsing shows
- Writing, editing and rehearsing scripts
- Reading from script, autocue and improvising
- Undertake interviewing and reporting duties
- Ensuring the timely delivery of content
- Working closely with the production team to ensure show programme is delivered to company and editorial standards
- Excellent script writing skills
- Contributing editorial and production ideas to editorial meetings
- Having the ability to connect and establish trust with our audience
- Previous experience in presenting shows and voice over
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Clear voice projection
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits from Dexerto partners
- Future opportunities within a fast growing business
- Direct ability to help shape Dexerto
Submit your resume with a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role. In addition to the online application we would like you to submit a showreel in the form of a daily esports news show (maximum of 5 mins) demonstrating your presenting ability and personality - please send this showreel to [email protected]
Applicants who make it to the next stage will be required to take part in a Skype video/audio interview.
If you are not contacted within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful this time. Due to the large volume of applications, we will be unable to advise you directly on the status of your submission. Unless specified, please feel free to apply for a future role.