Entertainment Writer (Remote) – Junior
Dexerto are looking for talented entertainment writers.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you know about and understand online culture as you will be creating compelling stories about the broad range of entertainment and lifestyle topics that we cover. This includes articles about YouTubers and Twitch streamers through to TikTok and Instagram stars.
This means you need to know all the big personalities we currently cover, and also be able to recommend other stars of online entertainment that we should be following.
We welcome individuality, but you need to be able to write according to Dexerto’s style guide and be willing to accept feedback. Whilst you will be working remotely, you will be part of a team of writers based all around the world, so communication skills, the ability to accept feedback and share ideas is important.
You will also have to use your writing skills to craft and share engaging posts on Twitter and Facebook. So, some social media experience is desirable, as is SEO knowledge and basic Photoshop skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of the online entertainment industry and its current trends
- A snappy and compelling writing style
- Able to write to short deadlines under pressure
- Have a keen attention to detail – can spot grammatical errors and fact check.
- Creative ability – able think of feature ideas and suggest news stories that will resonate with our audience
- Adaptable – is able to write about a variety of topics.
- Personable with good communication skills
- Able to act independently on writing tasks
- Is confident with social media
- SEO knowledge desirable but not essential
- Able to work full-time hours (40) without other education or job commitments
- Be committed to good time management
- Own computing equipment that can run Photoshop and be able to use it competently
- Experience with content management systems is desirable
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ AND DO THIS
Submit your resume with a detailed cover letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role. We would like to see links to your previous work if possible, as well as a 350 word news article (linked via Google Docs or similar) on a big current news story in the online entertainment world. The story must appeal to Dexerto’s readers and be written in the style of our content. We would also like one feature idea that you think would resonate with our audience. You must do these tasks or you will not be considered for the role.