QA Data Engineer
The Activision Data Governance team is looking for a strong data quality engineer who is well-versed in working with large-scale big data environments and identifying data issues. Previous gaming industry experience is a plus. You should be willing and able to wear multiple hats.
- Analyze large scale datasets and identify data issues
- Prepare test cases and test plans to ensure high quality of data
- Independently build test automation framework, data profiling capabilities, and data quality dashboards to monitor the quality of key datasets
- Perform testing of game functionality and verify the data captured
- Partner with instrumentation team engineers, studio engineers, and data analytics teams to identify and communicate issues/defects effectively
- 2+ years of experience in writing / debugging complex SQL statements
- 1+ years of experience in data quality assurance
- 1+ years of experience in programming (Scala, Python, Java, or any similar programming language)
- Passion for gaming
- Experience in analyzing large scale complex datasets and identifying data anomalies
- Experience working with big data technologies (Spark, Hive, or similar)
- Experience in building test automation in the Big data environment
- Familiarity with Call of Duty and other Activision titles
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.