Studio Art Director
Are you ready to bring your artistic and leadership skills to a dynamic game development studio with multiple projects in progress? Can you grow an art team while also preserving a positive, collaborative culture? If yes, Demiurge would love to hear from you!
Demiurge Studios is searching for a Studio Art Director, responsible for growing our art team and ensuring excellence in all facets of visual arts across all Demiurge projects. You’ll work with project leadership – Project Art Directors, Art Managers, and Game Directors – to bring our games to life and support our gameplay and narrative visions.
Note: Although a majority of Demiurgers are working from home at this time due to COVID-19, this position will require you to work on-site when most of the team returns to our offices in Cambridge, MA.
- Guide and grow the entire art team at Demiurge through mentorship, feedback, and training
- Expand art team size and capabilities through networking and hiring
- Define the art department’s structure, career tracks, and performance review practices to support a growing organization
- Collaborate with project leadership and subject matter experts to define artistic vision and visual direction
- Ensure that Demiurge’s art meets quality and aesthetic standards
- Work closely with project leads to establish development pipelines
- Assist in pre-production planning and new IP development with Creative Directors.
- As needed, provide direction for external artists/teams
- Extensive hiring, interviewing, career management experience
- Leadership history on prior projects, especially art direction and/or dept direction
- Excellent personal, written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with industry standard tools
- Experience working in game engines: Unreal, Unity, or equivalent
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates breadth of skill, styles, genres
- 2+ shipped AAA titles
- 10+ years game industry experience
- Must be eligible to work in United States
Preference to Applicants with:
- 1+ shipped mobile title
- Traditional illustration/fine arts training
- BFA (or higher)
- Demonstrated interest and love for digital games
- Outside interests!
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Cambridge, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.