Studio Programming Director
About the Job
The Studio Programming Director is responsible for developing an excellent programming department at Volition and is one of a team of leaders that collectively manage the business of the studio.
The Studio Programming Director reports directly to the General Manager (GM) and works within guidelines and processes developed by the GM, the Chief Creative Officer (CCO), and Human Resources (HR), but will use independent judgement to carry out the responsibilities of the job. The Studio Programming Director will collaborate with Studio Leadership, which includes the Studio Directors, CCO, GM, and Managers.
The Studio Programming Director will maintain an expert understanding of the programming processes being used in the industry. The Studio Programming Director will use that knowledge with their discipline to improve best practices, resulting in superior quality and/or efficiency in their work.
- Manage the performance of programming department employees, ensuring standards are met, administrating employee reviews, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage the career development of programming department employees, providing guidance, coaching, training, and skill development opportunities.
- Coordinate with HR on programming department personnel management, including recruitment, hiring, and disciplinary actions.
- Coordinate with Project Teams and Studio Leadership to maintain and execute upon programming department staffing plans.
- Collaborate with Project Teams and Studio Leadership in defining high level programming tools, methodology, and standards.
- Collaborate with Studio Leadership to make performance management, career development, and staffing processes as effective and consistent as possible across the studio.
- Collaborate with Studio Leadership in Volition’s business planning and operations.
- Be knowledgeable of project tools, pipelines, and approval processes.
- Be knowledgeable of modern industry programming processes.
- Act as point of contact for any non-project work related to programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of applicable game industry experience as a Lead or Project Director.
- An in-depth understanding of how game development works.
- Fluent knowledge of programming technology and tools.
- 3+ years of experience in personnel management.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable area/discipline -- or equivalent education and experience.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Constructive listening skills.
- Ability to apply strong problem-solving skills and business judgement in a complex environment.
- High level of honesty, integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to effectively respond and adapt to changing business needs and direction.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with “Studio Programming Director” in the subject line.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.