Senior VFX Artist
Deep Silver FISHLABS
For more than 15 years Deep Silver FISHLABS has been creating compelling games that have been brought to life on millions of screens across the globe. We joined the Deep Silver / Koch Media family in late 2013 and, since then, we have continuously raised the quality bar. Today, we are one of four internal development studios run by our parent company, alongside Deep Silver Volition in the US, Deep Silver Dambuster Studio in the UK and Warhorse Studios in the Czech Republic.
We specialize in high-end 3D games for consoles and PC. With a strong development history and award-winning portfolio of mobile games; such as blockbuster space-action shooter Galaxy on Fire: Manticore and the tactical zombie brawler Dead Island: Survivors; we are currently developing thrilling titles for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
We are an experienced, passionate and professional team that works together with our sister studio DS Dambuster on a AAA first-person action game for consoles and PC.
Our team shares a strong vision, is open-minded, and vividly discusses ideas, feedback, and concerns. Together we strive to create games we can be proud of and grow both on a professional as well as on a personal level.
- Work as part of a small art team with lots of autonomy and creative ownership
- Elevate the project's gameplay through stunning effects that convince on both an aesthetic and technical level
- Coordinate with our co-dev partner on technical constraints and requirements
- Strong overall familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 Particle Systems and Materials
- 5+ years of experience creating real-time visual effects for games, with at least one shipped title as a key contributor for VFX
- Ability to work in a photorealistic style, but also adapt to a variety of art styles as required by our projects
- Enthusiasm for creating dynamic, visceral combat and ability effects
- Strong familiarity with contemporary 3D and 2D software for the creation of game effect textures and meshes, such as Houdini, Substance Designer, Embergen and others (e.g. 3dsMax)
- Great understanding of color, contrast, and composition
- Formidable understanding of animation fundamentals to create compelling movement and flow
- Keen understanding of common performance concerns, and the ability to navigate them with one eye on the big picture and context of where your effects will be used.
- Great communication and self-organization skills
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine Blueprints is a strong plus
Please provide an up to date online portfolio or video reel demonstrating your proficiency in realtime VFX.
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That's why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Get In Touch!
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click on the button below and apply by uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. An application via our online tool is preferred.