Senior Animator (m/f/d)
For more than 15 years Deep Silver FISHLABS has been creating compelling games that have been brought to life on millions of screens across the globe. We joined the Deep Silver / Koch Media family in late 2013 and, since then, we have continuously raised the quality bar. Today, we are one of four internal development studios run by our parent company, alongside Deep Silver Volition in the US, Deep Silver Dambuster Studio in the UK and Warhorse Studios in the Czech Republic.
We specialize in high-end 3D games for consoles and PC. With a strong development history and award-winning portfolio of mobile games; such as blockbuster space-action shooter Galaxy on Fire: Manticore and the tactical zombie brawler Dead Island: Survivors; we are currently developing thrilling titles for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
Our team needs a Senior Animator to create memorable gameplay and cinematic moments through acting and combat. From you, on a senior level, we expect someone who has so much experience that you are able to solve most of the problems on your own and your colleagues do recognize you as a powerhouse of knowledge within your discipline and related areas.
- Work with our Art Director and internal animators to maintain the visual direction for movement in the game.
- Broadcast the technical needs of the animation department
- Animate assets for use in game
- Develop and animate in-game cinematic scenes with strong camera compositions
- Work with combat and game designers on combat move specifications, gameplay animations for affordances and art direction for all of these
- Administer animation assets developed both internally and by third parties
- Interact with Technical Artists and Technical Animators to understand Character Animation Pipeline
- Develop and adhere to quality review processes
- Oversee 3rd parties in the production of animation assets
- 5+ years of game development experience
- At least 2 shipped titles on present or previous generation hardware (PS3/4, X360/ONE, PC)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Understanding of implementing animations in game
- Deep experience with Maya
- Deep understanding of anatomy and motion
- Experience with Motion Builder and mocap data editing techniques
- Deep understanding of ‘mocap’ pipelines and its necessities
- Experience on digital doubles and facial capture
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks to meet deadlines
- Clear communication skills
The ideal candidate will also have
- Good technical understanding of game engines (especially Unreal).
- Experience with 2D and 2.5D animation pipelines.
- Experience with creating stylized key framed animation
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Get In Touch!
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click on the button below and apply by uploading your CV.