(Closed) (All Levels) Engine Programmer
For more than 15 years at Deep Silver FISHLABS we have been creating award-winning, chart-topping games that have been brought to life on millions of screens. At our core, we are a Studio for gamers, by gamers, and a reference in developing premium games with deep and engaging experiences across platforms.
As part of Koch Media and alongside our Deep Silver sister studios across the globe, we create stunning immersive experiences that inspire millions of players worldwide.
We are looking to continue building on our success with humble but talented and creative people who have a passion for making outstanding games and want to be at the forefront of gaming.
Are you ready for the challenge? Join us! This is going to be a thrilling ride.
The Core Tech team supports both internal and external teams with their expertise in engine, tools, performance, and platform support. We are comfortable working in Unreal Engine as well as proprietary engines. We ship games on a whole range of platforms, like Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5, Stadia, PC, or Nintendo Switch. We make sure our games stay on the cutting edge by exploring new technologies. We enable content creators by taking care of the technical details.
- While focusing on the engine code, don't be afraid of wandering into the game or the tools.
- Make sense of existing codebases quickly.
- Optimize and debug confidently.
- Contribute your ideas on how to push the tech forward.
- University degree in computer science (or comparable education)
- Ability to implement simple, robust, and efficient solutions to complex problems
- Very good debugging skills
- Excellent working knowledge of C++
- Good working knowledge of multi-threaded programming
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Experience in working with modern graphics APIs (Direct3D12, Vulkan) is a plus
- Experience in software optimization is a plus
- Experience in development of networked games is a plus
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look at out website.
Get In Touch!
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click on the button below and apply by uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at [email protected] An application via our online tool is preferred.