Game Design Systems / Balance
DECA Games is looking for a talented Systems Designer / Balancer to join our growing team and help us create new and exciting features. A Systems Designer / Balancer is responsible for assisting with the conception and implementation of systems that drive player investment in their character and providing a positive environment for the multiplayer and social interactions they have with others. You will work closely with the engineers to develop engaging systems that keep players coming back.
- 2-3 years of experience in a game design role
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Very good knowledge of Statistical & Decision Mathematics
- Understand mathematical modelling in game design and what the numbers mean in practice
- Knowledge of game balancing, pacing, and monetization strategies for free to play games
- Experience over a variety of systems including but not limited to combat, dialogue, player progression, etc.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate engaging game-play systems and to own specific systems over the lifetime of a project
- Ability to communicate design needs and goals across disciplines
- Familiarity/experience with Unity3D, Jira, and Confluence
- Wire-framing experience
You have to design the economy for different virtual products that the game offers, define different metrics that allow you to measure and keep improving. your responsibility is to identify and develop the purchase drivers and challenges in the game economy context, create new segments on design, and optimize the pricing to improve the game performance.
Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/under performing aspects of the game economic model.
- Design the economic systems to drive players to play and enhance their game experience
- Design new features that improve long-term player satisfaction, and provide more monetization opportunities
- Recommend rewards and monetization game features to create an economic system to fulfil player needs
- Collaborate with product owners, marketing managers, UX/UI designers, analytics team, data scientists and development teams
- Manage the economy and pricing of virtual goods; balance between free content vs. paid currency in the game economy
- Balance customer experience and revenue opportunity for in-game currency and virtual goods
- Investigate different macro economy models for different segments of users
- Build and analyze simulations and predictive models to proactively forecast the results of changes to content
- Plan A/B testing plans and analyze their effectiveness
Sound interesting? Then please get back to us with your earliest possible start date and your annual gross salary expectations. Stay healthy, stay safe.