Temporary Software Engineer - EverQuest II
The EverQuest II team is looking for a Systems Engineer to make improvements to our server and client software architecture.
Note: This will be an engagement of up to nine months if not more depending on the time the project takes to complete.
- Further analyze, define, propose changes and improve our proprietary engine as defined by the project outline
- Work with developers to define requirements and address issues uncovered during development of the project
- Write and test solid, reliable, and efficient code for highly scalable systems
- Create and document complex systems in a clear manner for others to rely on as a reference and potentially expand upon
- Efficiently self-manage to balance working independently and with other developers
Your Experience And Skills
- Solid understanding of object-oriented software engineering principles and methodologies
- Versatility with different styles of programming
- A working proficiency in C++ and C#
- Enthusiastic and performance-driven attitude who is a self-starter and team player
- Ability to communicate (both in written and verbal methods) complex processes in a clear manner
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of object oriented software engineering principles and methodologies
- Two or more years of professional programming experience in a team environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
About Daybreak San Diego And Darkpaw Games
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers