Temp System Administrator
Here at Daybreak, we make games that bring people together. We have built and introduced some of the most popular and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide, including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
We take gaming seriously and our passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding quests in Norrath to partaking in massive battles on the war-torn surface of Auraxis, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate multi-player online gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together. Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
Daybreak Games is looking for a temporary Systems Administrator to join the Information Technology team for up to a year to help administer and maintain all or select networks at the company; which include desktop, email, and voicemail systems. They will configure and maintain personal computer systems and networks including hardware and system software. The candidate may be required to travel to the off-site locations.
The ideal Systems Administrator will be able to balance service desk tickets from the various teams within our studios, as well as meet and deliver on project goals as required. Our Systems Administrators are responsible for updating tickets in a timely manner, documenting existing or new procedures as the technology advances, and be able to provide an amazing customer service experience for the internal teams we support. We’re looking for a candidate who enjoys a challenge and can work with our technical staff to resolve the problems we encounter.
- Administers user management within Active Directory
- Installation and management of Outlook, Word, etc.
- Configure equipment for new hires, remote workers, and visiting staff from other studios
- Adheres to all Information Security standards for configuring of workstations and devices
- Act as primary point of contact for support requests and resolving user issues
Maintains inventory of the network, equipment, related software and manuals
- Evaluates software for network use and upgrades
- Implements improvements to the network to complete assigned projects
- Ensures adequate file server space
- Maintains Virus detection
- Performs network backups
Your Skills And Experience
- Proficiency with Office 365 Exchange Portal
- Minimum of 4 years of desktop support, network administration, or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Customer service oriented, proactive, diligent, supportive, self-starter
- Excellent problem resolution and project coordinating skills
- Highly detail-orientated and organized with multitasking ability to coordinate multiple projects from inception to completion
- Ability to handle stress and remain productive under unexpected pressures and deadlines
- Ability to efficiently manage time, resources, and priorities
- Ability to prioritize the workflow between all departments
- Flexibility to complete deadline driven assignments/projects and accommodate urgent requests as necessary
- Ability to travel
About Daybreak San Diego
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.