Senior Software Engineer - Graphics
Here at Daybreak, we make great games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
Let's make games better together! Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
A highly motivated and talented Senior Graphics Engineer to join Rogue Planet Games here in San Diego. This individual will be instrumental in improving and adding to the graphics technology that powers PlanetSide® 2.
- Responsible for developing, writing and debugging code for complex products and applications
- Works with designers, artists, and other personnel involved in the development of the PlanetSide® 2 experience
- Directs and provides technical leadership and has ability to anticipate and resolve project roadblocks in new product development
- Evaluates technologies, specifies designs and writes application code
- Applicant has knowledge of good software practices, works efficiently and independently
- Analyze existing systems for performance optimizations
- Improve stability and quality of existing systems
- 4+ years experience as a Graphics Engine Programmer working in C++
- Demonstrable 3D Math skills
- Experience with HLSL, Cg, and/or other high level shader languages
- Excellent knowledge of DirectX 11 or 12, Vulkan, or Console equivalent API
- Excellent knowledge of multithreaded programming
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Profiling packages and techniques such as RenderDoc, Telemetry
- Excellent and effective problem solving and time management skills
- Effective verbal communication and written skills
- Creative, self-driven with a strong work ethic
- Experience in AAA game development
- Console or embedded system experience
- Experience with Maya plug-ins
- Experience in Client/Server environment related to game architecture
- A passion for making and playing games
- Familiarity with the PlanetSide® Franchise
About Daybreak San Diego and Rogue Planet Games:
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the So Cal vibe collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*