Senior Software Engineer - Gameplay
Here at Daybreak, we make great games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and the passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together! Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
A highly motivated and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Rogue Planet Gaming Development team here in San Diego. This individual will be instrumental in implementing updates and new key features on PlanetSide® 2 to ensure that we continue to provide our community with the great gameplay experiences that only Planetside can provide!
- Write and test solid, reliable, and efficient code for an online multi-player game
- Develop gameplay systems in a Client/Server Architecture
- Efficiently self-manage to balance working independently and with other developers
- Work with designers to implement design goals
- Create and document complex systems in a clear manner for others to rely on as a reference and potentially expand upon
- Rapidly iterate on game systems with the goal of creating fun and enticing gameplay
- 6+ years working in C++
- 2+ years working in a windows development environment
- 2+ years developing in a team environment
- Enthusiastic and performance-driven attitude who is a self-starter and team player
- Experience working in a client server environment
- Ability to articulate (both in written and verbal methods) complex processes in a clear manner
- Ability to iterate with designers and other engineers
- Ability to mentor and train more junior engineers within the team
- Familiar with SQL Database
- Experience in Client/Server environment related to game architecture
- Experience in AAA game development
- Experience maintaining a game in a live environment
- Experience working in 3D Math
- Experience in a Lua scripting environment
- A Passion for making and playing games
- Familiarity with Perforce or other version control programs
- Familiarity with the PlanetSide® Franchise
About Daybreak San Diego And Rogue Planet Games
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the So Cal vibe collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, as well as on-site fitness classes, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*