Senior Game Designer
Rogue Planet Games in San Diego is looking for a Senior Systems Designer to help with the ongoing improvement and expansion of PlanetSide 2 and the PlanetSide universe!
You will play a critical role on the design team by transforming high-level concepts and gameplay prototypes into functional, polished experiences.
We're looking for someone with a deep understanding of player desires and patterns who can work efficiently with art and engineering on a wide array of content. The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing shooter games, with a focus on the design, creation, and maintenance of core game systems.
- Work closely with Lead Designer and PlanetSide 2 team to create and document new game systems and functionality
- Understand the overall vision of the game and translate the vision into fun and engaging gameplay systems
- Rapidly prototype gameplay systems within the engine to test out new ideas through a highly iterative process
- Act as a design evangelist within the studio, guiding other disciplines in the development of various game systems and/or tools
- Balance variables to create compelling combat experiences that cater to diverse playstyles
- Working directly with the content team to populate the world with points of interest
Education and Experience
- At least two (2) shipped game titles where you served as a game designer
- A background in Game Design or Computer Science, or a Bachelor's degree in a related field are preferred.
- Extremely self-motivated with strong prototyping, documentation and communication skills
- Experience developing a wide array of game assets such as items, weapons and abilities
- Experience working in databases and balancing in game mechanics and functions
- Understand the game development process from concept, through final product release, to live maintenance
- Passionate gamer with a familiarity of core mechanics for First Person Shooter or Third Person Shooter titles
- AAA development experience
- PC and Console development experience
- Experience with designing and maintaining free-to-play game systems
About Daybreak San Diego and Rogue Planet Games:
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.