(Closed) Network Operations Center Analyst
Here at Daybreak, we make games that bring people together. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and passion for play is what makes us one with our players. We are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together. Are you up for the challenge? Here are some specifics on what we're looking for…
Daybreak Operations is responsible for the monitoring, support, and troubleshooting of hardware and network components; participates in implementation and on-going support of technologies used within the Daybreak framework. It also provides a single point of contact for all game service trouble requests and performs day-to-day operations; coordinates change activities; provides centralized second tier support coverage. Daybreak Operations interfaces with multiple game studios, provides proactive monitoring of network and server components, resolves problems and restores service in a timely manner.
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts.
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status
- Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams.
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications
- Server hardware troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Remote management of server hardware.
- Collaborate with engineers and other analysts to solve problems and keep the network functioning at a high level of efficiency.
- Create and maintain procedural documentation and monitoring alerts based upon requirements defined by development teams and Technical Operations groups.
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Replace malfunctioning or underperforming hardware connected to the network.
- Building, configuring and installing servers used in the operations of Premium Games.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field of study.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment. Previous NOC experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of key network monitoring protocols including SNMP, NetFlow, WMI, syslog, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft/Linux server operating systems and Cisco network devices.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with customers and technical personnel in high-stress situations.
- Ability to work on call on a rotating schedule.
- Ability to manage time, resource and priorities.
- Ability to travel.
About Daybreak San Diego
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the Workplace.
Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers