Game Engineer (18 Month Temp Contract)
Our Standing Stone Games Studio is looking for a passionate Game Engineer to bring our favorite Lord of the Rings moments off the page and into our massively multiplayer online game on PC! The Game Engineer will collaborate with other disciplines and designers to develop engaging and memorable gameplay experiences. This is a temporary contract position for 12 months with potential for full time. We are fully prepared to do remote onboarding and equipment shipments as needed for our new hires while we are currently working remotely!
- Proficient working on a variety of systems in the realms of game engine, tools, game support services and the games themselves
- Modern tools/techniques: Debugging, including post-mortem debugging, performance analysis on Windows Graphics, particularly DirectX, OpenGL
- Experience working in C++ and SQL
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, problem solver
- Interest in working on the game user interface
- Comfortable working with a variety of customers including game teams, customer service and ops.
- Microsoft WCF, C#, JSON, SOAP
- Enjoys talking about game theory
- Loves gaming, particularly MMO's
About Standing Stone Games
Standing Stone Games is a gaming studio based in Needham, Massachusetts (right outside of Boston!), staffed by people who have been passionately working on MMOs for decades. We're proud to develop and operate our two free-to-play MMOs: Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online! We enjoy sharing heroic stories with our players that create a lifetime of memories. We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!
**Standing Stone Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*