Here at Daybreak, we make games that bring people together: To build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1 ® , DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide ® , and EverQuest ® .
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Daybreak Games is looking for a talented Database Administrator to join our team! If you are looking for a dynamic and fast-paced company where you will play a pivotal role in managing our company's databases you should apply. Come and work with a great team in our San Diego location.
- Working directly with development teams to design and maintain databases based on their requirements
- Administrating and optimizing large-scale database production deployments
- Performing data migration and merges
- A variety of daily tasks from performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, backup/recovery, and replication.
- 5+ years of database administration and engineering experience supporting large-scale production environments (think Terabytes of data).
- Ability to write complex SQL and PL/SQL queries.
- Expertise in in managing RDBMS (Postgres, MySql etc) and nosql-like Redis databases (installation, upgrades etc)
- Prior experience troubleshooting different kinds of database related issues, backup/recovery, replication etc.
- Experience performing data migration and merges between same or different flavors of databases.
- Ability to develop automation and scripts to perform proactive maintenance.
- Experience in PII data management, auditing, and other data related securities.
- Provide guidance to engineers and operations personnel. Able to articulate how the database engine works.
- Linux OS and Storage related knowledge (ex. know the difference between RAID and clustered storage).
About Daybreak Games:
Our headquarters is where gaming and San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene ( we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator ) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*