About Our StudioOur headquarters is where the gaming culture and Southern California lifestyle meet, creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. Daybreak San Diego is the home of Darkpaw Games, creators of the legendary EverQuest and EverQuest II games. This is also the home of Rogue Planet Games, developer of the award-winning MMOFPS PlanetSide 2.
The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, as well as on-site fitness classes, game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that make working at Daybreak (San Diego) exciting! Working here is about being part of a community.
As part of the Community team at Daybreak Games HQ in San Diego, this role will report to the Director of Global Communications and responsible for
The Community Manager is the liaison and communication arm between the player base and the studio.
Community Management & Engagement
- Gathering information and community feedback for Development and other internal partners, providing professional reports on community trends and sentiment
- Providing players with an authentic, trusted point of contact and authority for their concerns and interests; responding to their questions and providing solutions wherever possible
- Providing relevant and timely input on Community and Development strategies
- Crafting and publishing articles, forum posts, patch notes, and other forms of regular communication to engage the community on our websites, forums, wiki and social media
- Working effectively with Brand, Public Relations, Customer Service, Development, and other partners to create and coordinate messaging, launch and promotional plans
- Planning and running contests, promotions, and live events in-game and on external community platforms
- Planning and coordinating dev livestreams and videos (livestreaming experience and willingness to host or guest on-stream a strong plus)
- Advising junior team members on community management best practices and procedures
- Representing the Community Team and Daybreak Games and its products in a positive, professional manner, internally and externally
- Fostering and maintaining positive relationships with community organizations, fan sites and media
Social Media Planning & Engagement
- Providing effective social media engagement and moderation, in conjunction with internal and external partners
- Managing social media calendar, daily / weekly posts, and content for assigned title(s)
- Driving meaningful community engagement on all platforms, internal and external, with emphasis on social media, videos, livestreams, and forums
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with cross-studio community needs for all DGC products as necessary, in a highly collaborative and teamwork environment
What Craft Expertise You’ll Have
- Required: Knowledge of Hootsuite, Agorapulse, and / or other social media resource and research tools
- Required: Working knowledge of MSFT Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc…)
- Desired: Experience with CRM practices, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Macromedia Dreamweaver, HTML a plus
- 4+ years of Community Management experience working in the video game, software, technology, entertainment, or related industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English Literature, Marketing, CSM or related field preferred.
Additionally, you should possess…
- Strong organization and project management skills, attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to react quickly to changing situations and last-minute requests, always employing a positive and professional attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in close partnership with game development and marketing teams
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm with a passion for online games and gaming communities
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, willing to go the extra mile for others, and comfortable asking questions when you need more information
- In-depth knowledge of Daybreak and its studios and games a strong plus
If you are an exceptional, empathetic, and compassionate communicator who cares deeply about creating a positive experience for our players, we want you to join our team!
About Our CompanyDaybreak Game Company LLC
is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience!
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at [email protected] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**