Associate Community Manager
Here at Daybreak, we make games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
Daybreakers are obsessed with the entire creation process and passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let’s make games better together. Are you up for the challenge? Here’s some specifics on what we’re looking for…
Rogue Planet Games, a Daybreak Games studio based in San Diego, CA, is looking for a passionate gamer to take on the role of Associate Community Manager for PlanetSide 2 and the PlanetSide franchise. Join one of the most dynamic, exciting teams within Daybreak Game Company in serving a vital role as liaison and communication arm between the player base and the company. This position will work closely and on a daily basis with Development, Customer Service, Brand and Public Relations as well as external community and partners.
- 1-2+ years of Community Management experience working in the video game, software, technology, entertainment, or related industries
- Excellent creative writing, social media, documentation and editing skills
- Strong organization and project management skills, attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to react quickly to changing situations and last-minute requests, employing a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Team player with proven written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in close partnership with game development and marketing teams
- Self-motivated, strong initiative and enthusiasm coupled with diplomatic negotiation skills a must
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel
- Experience with CRM practices, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Macromedia Dreamweaver, HTML a plus
- Experience with livestreaming and video creation a plus
- A passion for online games and gaming communities
- A passion for FPS and online competitive shooters a strong plus
- Knowledge of Hootsuite, Agorapulse, and / or other social media resource and research tools
- In-depth knowledge of Daybreak and PlanetSide games a strong plus
- Previous personnel / team management experience a strong plus
- Degree in Journalism, English, Media or related fields preferred
- Act as the central liaison between the player community and internal development
- Drive meaningful community engagement on all platforms, internal and external, with emphasis on social media, videos, livestreams and forums
- Collect, collate and quantify community feedback for Development and other partners, providing professional reports on community trends and sentiment
- Provide players with an authentic, trusted point of contact and authority for their concerns and interests. Assist them to obtain answers and solutions wherever possible
- Provide relevant and timely input on Community and Development strategies
- Craft and publish articles, forum posts, patch notes, and other forms of regular communication to engage the community on our websites, wiki and social media
- Work effectively with Brand, Public Relations, Customer Service, Development, and other partners to create and coordinate messaging, launch and promotional plans
- Provide effective social media engagement and moderation, in conjunction with internal and external partners
- Plan, administer and run contests, promotions, and live events in-game and on external community platforms
- Provide event support, organization and execution as required for consumer shows
- Plan, execute, and coordinate PlanetSide dev livestreams and videos, in cooperation with internal partners. Be willing and able to serve as an occasional on-air host or guest.
- Represent the Community Team, Rogue Planet Games and its products in a positive, professional manner, internally and externally
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with community organizations, fan sites and media
- Assist with cross-platform Community needs for all DGC products as necessary, in a highly collaborative work environment
Think you’re Daybreaker material? Send us your resume and cover letter. Make sure to include your Twitch/YouTube channel (if you have one), social media handles, and/or link to your portfolio. We are looking for people who don’t just upload their basic resume, but rather, are looking to get noticed. So, go ahead, impress us!
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. To top it off, we are making games in two of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, California, and Austin, Texas.
Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the Workplace.
About Daybreak San Diego:
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the So Cal vibe collide; creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, as well as on-site fitness classes, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene ( we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator ) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn’t just about having job; it’s about being part of a community.
Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.