Mid-Level Game Designer
Darkpaw Games in San Diego is looking for a Designer to help with our ongoing releases and updates for EverQuest 2!
This position will play a key role in exciting planned content for the games future.The successful candidate will have a strong command of MMORPG and RPG design elements and methodologies and know what makes a game fun for current and future players.
- Create design documents and specifications
- Create and implement in-game content
- Communicate design goals to fellow game designers
- Help to maintain the finely tuned aspects of EQ2
- Identify zone level ranges using all available tools
- Identify problematic encounters that will require in-depth review
- Identify and balance encounters for game zones
- Balance individual classes for specific game content This is a senior game design+ qualification. Please remove.
- Write and convert scripts to support specific game content
- Scripting of game-specific behavior using game specific tools
- Development of game data and entry of said data into game databases
- Work with creative and art to design and develop content maps, including compelling game interaction and important story moments.
- Take ownership of the development of game content, from inception to completion
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- 2+ years industry Content Designer experience
- Minimum of 1 shipped MMO, Action, or RPG title preferred
- Content design experience on MMO, Action, or RPG title preferred
- Data entry and management of game database assets
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong documentation skills including design proposals and game design documents
- Proven ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and other office software
- Knowledge of current gaming trends
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages.
- Experience with LUA
- Experience developing for a live service product
About Daybreak San Diego and Darkpaw Games:
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*