Head of VFX Production
Dark Slope is creating a never-seen-before TV series and we want you to join us!
We are on the hunt for a Head of VFX Production to lead the production of an exhilarating, Holodeck-esque TV series and all other studio VFX production. This series will combine live action, animation and strong visual effects, therefore production experience in VFX, motion capture and green screen are important for this role.
This is a full-time, permanent position that is eligible for employee health/dental benefits, learning fund and stock options. We are providing a competitive salary, based on level of experience. Dark Slope is a fast-growing company with an incredible culture throughout our top-notch global team.
This is a permanent position with a combination of work from home and in-studio responsibilities.
- Oversee R&D VFX tests that combine motion capture, green screen live action and game engine production elements
- Manage the production process including the creation and roll out of production tools and setting best practice standards for production pipeline process
- Direct the production teams, inclusive of technical artists, motion capture technicians, performers and artists
- Hold responsibility for project timeline, budgeting and team management
- Motivate the production team to excel through support, mentorship, feedback and training
- Stay up to date with new industry developments, sharing and leveraging this knowledge to set best practices
- 8+ years of CG/VFX supervisor-level production experience on broadcast film/TV and/or games
- Familiarity and exposure to the Unreal Engine and Virtual Production Pipelines
- Experience working optical and inertial motion capture systems
- Understanding of how to support high-performing teams as a manager
- Experience recruiting technical artists, motion capture technicians, performers and artists
- Strong business acumen and ability to see the big picture to drive business results
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in or willing to relocate to Ontario
Useful Skills & Experience
- Creative Thinker with a great imagination
- Out-of-the-box problem solver
- Prior work overseeing large-scale production teams
- Avid gamer and passionate about new technologies
Reporting to: Studio President
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto-based, real time content studio pushing the boundaries of virtual production, Broadcast Television, and XR Gaming. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation of immersive multi-user entertainment experiences to global audiences. Our growing team of 25+ people work together creating content for Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC Universal, and TVOntario amongst others. Past games include ‘Scarygirl:Mission Maybee’, VR LBE free-roam experience for Zero Latency and the ‘Slugterra’ Multiplayer Hero Shooter for Hologate Arena. We are now looking to build our growing team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.