(Closed) Esports Video Cinematographer
The Dallas Mavericks eSports division seek a skilled video cinematographer, ready to work in a fast-paced, efficient production environment. The primary goal of this department is to create original gaming team coverage/content, and deliver it via streaming services, apps, and social media platforms both quickly and systematically.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with Mavericks and Mavs Gaming marketing and production teams to build compelling video content
- Professional video shooting with HD cameras and utilizing manual camera settings, compositions and lenses
- Lighting multiple environments in a creative and unique way
- Utilizing different tripods, sliders, monopods, stabilizers, jibs, etc.
- Working in the field and on the go as well as in the studio
- Capturing high quality audio (lavs, booms, shotgun mics, condensers, etc.)
- Assisting with building/logging/maintaining digital video library
- Working both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Assisting with editing as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in broadcast/communications or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years of professional shooting experience, eSports experience a tremendous bonus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays required as needed
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments under pressure
- Able to adapt to new technologies and concepts in workflow
- Troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, time-sensitive department
- Drone operation a plus
- Travel is required
- Demo reel required
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.