(Closed) Senior Producer
London (EC1V 3RS)
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Curve Digital is an award-winning independent label working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes classic indie gems For The King and Bomber Crew, critically acclaimed experiences such as Flame in the Flood and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hit Human Fall Flat, Curve Digital has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
2020 was a stand-out year for Curve Digital and our amazing titles, but we’ve got even bigger plans for the rest of 2021 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
We've adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we've pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on!
We are looking for an experienced external Producer at a senior level who is passionate about games, with a superb track record of publishing, developing and shipping multi-disciplined Games/Franchises. The successful candidate may also have acted as a hands-on Development Director/Producer at a developer or in the application industry, collaborating directly with Engineers, Creatives, Audio & Designers in studios inspired by Agile and Games Development techniques. We are looking for a superb listener to drive the product and team to success, with a big-picture view of how to prioritize and solve problems along the way.
The Senior Producer will ensure all requirements are met to support the goals of the release, continually moving projects forward and ensuring suitable resource planning is being undertaken by the team.
Reporting to the VP Global Development, the Senior Producer will be responsible for:
- TEAM SKILLS – Being a leader who puts their teams first, with a passion for solving problems and driving teams to success.
- FRANCHISE LEADERSHIP – Either a Franchise or series of Products.
- PRODUCT & BUDGET PLANS - Spearheading internal and external planning to produce and own schedules, budgets for your projects, communicating progress on current and upcoming milestones as well as overall progress to all stakeholders.
- EXTERNAL DEVELOPERS – Directly managing the external development teams to ensure milestones are adhered to and the vision of the project is carried back to the Publisher.
- CHANGE CONTROL - Ensuring changes and concerns are communicated and addressed, skilfully navigating changes during the product lifecycle.
- PLATFORM HOLDERS - Creation and maintenance of product entries on platform holder systems.
- RISK MANAGEMENT - Providing clear detailed analysis on risks and areas for improvement along with suggestions.
- MANAGING STAFF – Managing where necessary Assistant Producers, and Producers to grow their production skills and facilitate the release of the projects through marketing and QA deliverables.
What we want from you:
- 5+ years proven full cycle Production experience, as a (Senior) Producer, managing and shipping games and/or applications.
- Experience with platform holder requirements; Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft & Steam.
- Experience with console submission and certification processes.
- Experience managing live games and downloadable content deliverables on console.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and/or GSuite applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Scheduling software, eg Jira.
- Extensive experience of managing client/stakeholder relationships.
- Expert knowledge of the game development cycle & framework.
- Experience working with internal and external QA companies.
- Experience defining and managing large project budgets.
- Experience in project management with a good understanding of planning scheduling, process, tracking and resource allocation.
- Strong organizational, Verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge across diverse areas of game development, with a background in in code/art/design desirable.
What you get from us:
Curve Digital are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events (Currently hosted virtually) and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medicash Health Cash Plan (including dental and optical)
- Discretionary bonus scheme (role dependant)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Ride2Work scheme
- Annual interest free season ticket loan
- Employee referral scheme