2020 was a stand-out year for Curve Digital and our amazing titles, but we’ve got even bigger plans for 2021 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
We've adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we've pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on!
We have an exciting opportunity for a QA Manager to come in and hit the ground running supporting the development, delivery and release of our product portfolio whilst contributing towards the growth of the business. You and the game producers will be working as a team, sharing ownership and responsibility to solve problems, achieve goals and release working software across all formats.
Reporting to VP Development, the Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for:
- Negotiating contracts, budgets and forward planning with QA suppliers to ensure QA resources & pipeline run well
- Reporting Weekly QA updates to Senior Management team & key project stakeholders.
- Owning QA reporting tool set & requirements.
- Managing internal and external QA Technicians, on multiple concurrent releases on a frequent release cadence.
- Directing project-level QA best practices, highlighting and resolving QA project risks when required.
- Providing ongoing support and input to define and maintain fully scoped plans for upcoming projects.
- Defining and own Test Case management across all our products, support the Game Producer and ensure any changes & concerns are communicated accordingly.
- Working directly with the Production and Development Teams to facilitate all areas of communication on QA progress and feedback.
- Being current with compliance test suites for all First-Party platforms.
- Reflecting the QA status of the product, accurately summarising vital Jira statistics e.g. Open counts, Resolved counts, Priority counts, Developer owned issues & activity, QA owned issues & activity.
- Owning the asset management process, ensuring records are accurate for loaned equipment placed, and returned, with the developer.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, partner relationships, team and products.
What we want from you:
- The ability to encourage great communication internally and externally to support our delivery successes.
- The ability to cultivate strong working relationships across all departments within a publishing environment.
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Good knowledge of the game development cycle.
- Excellent experience of the QA process at a management level.
- Outstanding understanding of planning, scheduling, process, tracking and resource allocation.
- Experience with platform holder requirements; all Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Steam, Stadia.
- Experience with console submission and certification processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office & Atlassian applications.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Focused and self-motivated with a strong initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work to firm deadlines.
- Enthusiastic with a genuine passion for games.
What you get from us:
Curve Digital are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events (Currently hosted virtually) and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Eye test and frames reimbursement
- Ride2Work scheme
- Annual interest free season ticket loan