(Closed) Esports Business Development Director
Cure Rare Disease™ is developing customized therapeutics for those who have been diagnosed with rare, genetic diseases that have no treatment or cures. Through partnerships and collaboration, our world-renowned researchers build life-saving therapeutics that are custom to the patient they are made to treat.
We are seeking a Esports Business Development Director, initially, to grow our efforts in the gaming and esports space. The main function of this role is to work with and grow strategic partners to develop our gaming and esports program. This ideal candidate in this role will own activations that drive awareness, fundraising, and education.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and lead execution of marketing strategy for gaming programs and products that help engage and build relationships with the gaming creator community.
- Identify opportunities to raise awareness, improve sentiment and drive education for gaming creators.
- Plan and execute gaming events (tournaments and charity streams)
- Focus on raising awareness and consideration for the Cure Rare Disease mission from endemic brands.
- Create compelling, integrated content and event activations for the North American region: adapting audience narratives, messaging, presentations, collateral, videos, pitch decks as needed.
- Identify, onboard and manage external agencies and partners
- Strong intrinsic drive and competitive nature to grow early, successful efforts
- Verbal and written communication skills, channel execution, and product marketing/messaging.
- Experience in marketing and events coordination in the gaming and esports space
- Strong project management experience - ability to manage internal stakeholders and external agencies/partners in parallel.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of gaming industry and content creation.
- Basic knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Empathy toward and desire to help people, especially children, impacted by fatal, rare diseases
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred