(Closed) Support Technician
About Cubic Motion
Cubic Motion, part of Epic Games, creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We're a company of over 110+ internationally-acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers and a vastly experienced production team.
Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
Since the release of Persona HMC System in 2019, we are in high demand for this exciting product. See link for more information https://cubicmotion.com/persona/. We are now looking to continue production of this product while expanding production into other product lines.
The role holder will be responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing pipeline from sourcing parts from suppliers and managing goods in, to day to day tasks of organising & maintaining stock efficiently, complete assembly of the hardware and packaging them for shipments to our customers.
- Complete manual manufacturing/assembly tasks and support the assembly of prototypes.
- Complete firmware and software manufacturing steps for electronic assemblies
- Inspect finished products in line with our high-quality standards & compliance specifications.
- Keep production of units on schedule and report the status of units in production.
- Monitor and report stock levels of system components.
- Place orders with suppliers and track delivery to ensure units can be produced to schedule.
- Manage goods in/out, stock management, workshop maintenance etc.
- Conduct and document product testing and quality assurance.
- Set up and operate safe use of production equipment.
Working relationships and contacts
- You will work closely with hardware and software teams to deliver HMC Systems efficiently.
- Work with the purchasing team to ensure part shipments are on schedule.
- Liaise daily with the hardware team to keep production schedules up to date.
- Work with the design team to establish feasibility of manufacture for future products, assist with their prototype production, and conduct exploratory testing on prototypes
- Comfortable in using general workshop tools.
- Basic competency in soldering.
- Strong team player, friendly and can adapt quickly.
- A keen eye for detail and organisation
- Full driving license
- Manual assembly/production experience.
- Comfortable in manual handling and understanding of H&S.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with suppliers, internal teams etc.
- Experience with MRP or ERP software such as MRPeasy
- Highly organised, deadline-driven and a familiarity with reporting using MS office.