(Closed) Social Media Intern
CSL Esports is seeking a part-time social media intern for the Fall and Spring 2021-2022 semesters. This position will fully immerse selected candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in esports after college the opportunity to work alongside North America’s largest collegiate esports league, NACE Starleague, all while providing an invaluable, industry relevant experience they will never forget.
Ideal candidates will be communicative, knowledgeable of relevant social networks and driven to provide out-of-the-box campaign strategies. No prior esports experience is required, but a passion for gaming is a must.
NACE Starleague is the largest collegiate esports league in North America with more than 14,500 students from 600 colleges and universities. This program is dedicated to providing life-changing opportunities in education through esports. Accepted candidates will be working directly with High Schools, Universities, and Alumni associations.
CSL Esports provides turnkey solutions for schools and students to compete and learn valuable skills in the rapidly expanding esports industry. Since 2009 CSL Esports has been the operator of North America’s largest collegiate esports business and has provided over $1 million in direct scholarships.
- Students will be expected to work at minimum 20 hours per week (class scheduling will be worked around in accommodation to the students’ preferred working hours)
- Develop and execute strategic, cross-functional social marketing campaigns
- Coordinate content and marketing efforts around broadcast, biz dev opportunities, events and company initiatives
- Ideate, create, write, edit, meme, relevant and entertaining content
- Help manage social media processes; including though not limited to documenting timelines, engagement rates and other social analysis
- Directly engage with fans, players, and partners via social media platforms
- Currently up to date with the best practices and emerging offerings across all consumer brands (i.e professional leagues, organizations, and collegiate teams)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Students will report directly to Marketing and Social Media Manager for weekly overview of content needs, publication dates, and external review
- No prior professional experience is required, this is a learning opportunity open to all.
- Currently enrolled in university level curriculum (Undergraduate and Graduate program students are both welcome to apply)
- Confidence in ability to take direction and propose solutions to on demand necessities
- Detailed knowledge of social networks, and interactive marketing.
- High level understanding of Twitch, Youtube, Reddit, and Discord platforms.
- Excellent technology and communication skills
- Sharp witted, personable, charismatic, and energetic personality
- Genuine desire to learn industry-standards in business, marketing, social media, and operations.
- Good organizational skills and time management
- Willingness to work hard and adapt to situational necessities
- This position is paid hourly