Business Development Manager
Who we are: CSL Esports provides life-changing opportunities in education through esports. Working directly with Middle Schools, High Schools, Universities, and Alumni associations, we provide turnkey solutions for schools and students to compete and learn valuable skills in the rapidly expanding esports industry.
Formally WorldGaming Network and CSL College, CSL Esports has been North America’s largest collegiate esports business, providing over $1 million in scholarships while partnering with over 1,800 educational institutions under its premier tournament series since 2009.
The ideal candidate will serve as a key representative for sales and business development, reporting to the Head of Business Development. You will manage the sales and business development in line with CSL Esports and parent company (Playfly Sports) objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with new and existing clients/agencies, sustain client loyalty
- Be able to cohesively articulate the market position, mission, goals, and value proposition to brands, publishers, platforms, partners, media agencies, and more.
- Achieve/exceed all quarterly and annual CSL Esports sponsorship sales goals
- Extend the existing client base through the identification and pursuit of new clients/agencies
- Ensure that all prospective clients, partners, their programs, products, and advertising media reflect and support the image and values of the CSL Esports
- Contribute positively to the education and efforts of the contracted agencies and the CSL Esports team regarding event and programming opportunities, ensuring that the whole team’s goals are met
- Ensure regular weekly sponsorship prospects sales and opportunities status is provided for key stakeholders
- Participate actively in the management of Client Services and the Sponsorship/Partnership Sales department
- Ensure that the Head of Business Development is fully aware of all performance issues or concerns.
- Thoroughly understand and be able to articulate the CSL Esports platform, programming, and packages, as well as the overarching esports and competitive gaming business. Ensure that programs and sponsorships, their timing and execution, remain reasonable in the context of that environment.
- Maintain a good, current understanding of competing competitive gaming platforms, their sponsorship and advertising philosophies and strategies
- Create, manage, and contribute toward the preparation of client briefings or presentations
- Track all relevant brand activity in the competitive gaming space, leverage and utilize for helping identify and close CSL Esports sponsorship sales activities
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field required
- Experience in a sales position
- Minimum of three years of media, traditional sports, or esports sponsorship/partnership sales experience
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Track record effectively selling advertising space, sponsorships and partnerships with demonstrated ability to negotiate; a professional network to generate new prospects with local and national brands
- Passion for the gaming and esports industry
- Love for innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship
- Meaningful client and agency contacts
- Proven track record of sustained sales success
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint or other leading presentation software
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
This position may require some travel.