Senior System Designer
Crytek is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior System Designer who can communicate well between programmers and artists to design and implement complex, cutting edge Player and/or AI system for games.
Candidate must be proficient in using visual scripting to create high quality gameplay systems.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Design and implement complex Player and or AI systems using visual scripting.
- Design, create and maintain asset databases for the above systems, using CRYENGINE.
- Iterate on behaviors and system functionality based on feedback.
- Contribute creative design ideas to the project.
- Balance and adjust systems to create fun game play.
- Work with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered.
- Be a technical knowledge source for other members of the development team.
- Contribute tool and workflow improvement ideas.
- Work closely with QA to debug systems.
- 4+ years of professional work experience in the game industry, with at least 2 years in a Senior System Design capacity.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Strong scripting ability.
- Extensive experience using visual scripting languages such as Schematyc, Flowgraph, Blueprint etc.
- Excellent working knowledge with game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of game design.
- Experience in creating player and AI systems.
- Strong documentation ability.
- Team player, self-driven and willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Strong math skills.
- Programming ability.
- C++ knowledge.
- Behavior Tree knowledge.
- Multiplayer system design and balancing experience.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!