Senior Rendering Engineer
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Rendering Engineer to support the CRYENGINE team in our Frankfurt am Main, Germany studio.
For almost 20 years, Crytek has been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses – to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds, and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us and we’ll do brilliant work together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
- Develop and maintain CRYENGINE's cutting-edge rendering system.
- Research, prototype and implement scalable solutions for high-quality rendering in a realtime context.
- Perform CPU and GPU performance profiling and optimization on several high-end platforms.
- Work with game teams to achieve visually stunning game experiences.
- Collaborate with other engineers to form a highly creative and productive team.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Rendering/Graphics Engineer, preferably in the gaming industry.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills.
- Excellent GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills.
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines and rendering techniques.
- Deep experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GCM, etc.).
- Strong passion for video game technology and graphics in particular.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with multiple platforms (PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.).
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Management and leadership skills.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!