Senior Physics Programmer
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Physics Programmer to become a member of the CRYENGINE team at our studio in Frankfurt, Germany.
You would help us to maintain and improve our physics code and to integrate third-party solutions. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive engine solution with high performance and a modular design that is easily accessible and customizable by users.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
- Maintain and extend the existing physics framework and tools.
- Work closely with animators, artists, designers and programmers to improve the physics system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Design new functional and engaging features that allow users to develop various styles of games.
- Implement new features based on research of the latest techniques to make games physically believable.
- Evaluate and integrate alternative third-party solutions such as PhysX, Havok etc.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, optimize and document your implementations.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- 5+ years of programming experience in game physics engine development.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with third-party physics engines such as PhysX, Havok etc.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Knowledge of classical mechanics and computational geometry.
- Expertise in rigid-body dynamics, collision response, and simulations as applied in game development.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to research and learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with animators, artists, designers, testers, and other developers.
- Willingness to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Game development experience, including having shipped titles on PC or consoles.
- GPU programming experience.
- Xbox One and PS4 programming experience.
- Experience with profiling, low level optimizations and fixing stability issues.
- Familiarity with content generation tools such as Maya, 3dsMax etc.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!