Regular Tech Designer
Crytek is looking for a passionate and experienced Tech Designer to support our Game development team with designing and implementing complex, cutting edge Player and/or AI system for games.
- Design and implement complex Player and or AI systems using visual scripting.
- Design, create and maintain asset databases for the above systems, using CRYENGINE.
- Iterate on system functionality based on feedback.
- Contribute creative design ideas across the whole project
- Balance and adjust systems to create fun game play
- Work with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered
- Be a technical knowledge source for other members of the development team
- Drive tool and workflow improvements
- Work closely with QA to debug systems
- 2+ years of experience in technical design capacity preferably within the games industry.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in visual scripting languages such as Schematyc, Blueprints etc.
- Strong technical skill set and experience with scripting.
- Experience working with game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Good knowledge of the principles of game design and theory.
- Strong technical documentation ability.
- Programming experience.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area , Germany.
- Strong math skills.
- Experience in creating player and AI systems.
- Experience working with a mod team.
- C++ knowledge.
- Previous work with Behavior Trees.
- Multiplayer design and balancing experience.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!