We are looking for an experienced and passionate Linux Administrator to join our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Provide technical support for both Operating System and Middleware.
- Manage the configuration and operation of Linux servers.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or stability concerns.
- Create and verify backups of data.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases and other processes.
- Review application logs.
- Deploy applications in close coordination with the DevTeam.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL).
- 3+ years of professional experience as System Administration, preferably within the games, entertainment industry.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with databases (MySQL, mongodb), networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Expert knowledge of ansible configuration management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Ability to create scripts in Bash, Python, Perl or other languages.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!