Lead Rendering Engineer
Crytek is looking for an experienced Lead Rendering Engineer to join our games team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Lead the rendering programmers and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Integrate CRYENGINE’s renderer into the games and extend its functionality.
- Own the implementation of rendering features to ensure the highest fidelity graphics on all platforms.
- Develop and maintain shaders to enable the game’s vision.
- Collaborate with the CRYENGINE team to guide the R&D efforts.
- Perform CPU and GPU performance profiling and propose optimizations on various platforms.
- Proactively drive your team to achieve visually stunning game experiences.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Coordinate tasks and technical implementation with the Technical Director and other Leads based on the current roadmap.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Play a key role in the recruiting process for the rendering team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience as a Rendering/Graphics Engineer in the gaming industry.
- Hands on experience shipping multiple titles, from beginning to end, preferably cross-platform ones.
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills.
- Excellent GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills.
- Strong experience with multithreading and lock-free algorithms.
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines and state-of-the-art rendering techniques.
- Deep experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GNM, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong passion for video game technology and graphics in particular.
- Experience with translating academic research into actual implementations.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Solid English skills, excellent communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with multiple platforms (PC, Android, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.).
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with publishing technical papers.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!