Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate Gameplay Programmer to work on an unannounced AAA project in our Frankfurt (Germany) studio.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced game programmer with passion for gameplay. This is a position where design, game code implementation and tools are all parts of the daily job. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games using state-of-the-art technology.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance gameplay for a high profile project.
- Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Work closely with Technical Designer to iterate and prototype game features including the usage of visual scripting
- Optimize and debug code for Console and PC platforms.
- Specify and contribute to the testing procedures.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 2+ years of professional experience as programmer in the games industry.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience.
- Worked on at least one shipped product on either console or PC.
- Solid understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Experience with current Console and PC development processes.
- Experience working with scripting languages and/or node-based scripting.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!