Crytek is looking for an experienced Game Director to support, enhance and bring to life the vision of multiple projects and franchises, working in a studio level leadership position. The successful candidate should understand all areas of art, design and production as it relates to delivering high quality triple A titles on Next Generation platforms.
- Define, support and enforce the creative vision for a franchise or multiple projects along with the appropriate directors and leads.
- Internal and external champion of the product or franchise.
- Provide input, direction and mentoring support to creative and design leads.
- Takes initiative and is willing to expand own horizon and share findings with the development team.
- Present the work of the team and the project in a professional manner.
- Champion exceptionally high but achievable production values.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Capable of balancing a project’s creative and visual requirements within schedule and staff limitations.
- Defining and Implementing the creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Identifying and handling potential impact of production-phase change requests on quality, stability and schedule.
- Work with studio executives and department leads for continual process improvement.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, art work, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
- Directly responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Report to Executive Management.
- Several years of professional work experience in a Game Director capacity.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games.
- Able to easily present ideas and information to the team.
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Open-minded to new ideas and concepts.
- Contribute with innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development.
- Knowhow of technology and pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar.
- Ability to self-manage and work in an open structured cross discipline team.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!