Character Artist - HUNT
Crytek is looking for a exceptional Character Artist to support the HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio. Sample pictures or a link to a webpage, which shows sample work, are required.
All 3D Character Artist Candidates must have a portfolio that demonstrates:
- A good eye for character design
- Keen eye on detail and realism
- Organic character elements (such as a human face) and non-organic character elements (such as metal armor).
- High polygon sculpting.
- Texturing on game characters.
- Ability to derive a well structured low-poly model from the high poly model
- Efficient UV layout for low-poly characters
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Character Artist capacity.
- Good understanding of anatomy, and representing anatomy in topology.
- Ability to create all textures needed for creating photorealistic looking humans.
- Strong knowledge of human body structure and setup for facial animation.
- Ability to create game ready assets that work well within the given technical limitations.
- Strong knowledge of a 3D modelling software (3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush or other recognized tool)
- Has a strong knowledge of current texturing pipelines (Substance, Quixel and Photoshop)
- Demonstrates a strong ability to create believable photorealistic human characters within a games engine
- Shows a good foundation in human anatomy.
- Ability to creatively translate concepts, ideas into authentic characters with an attention to detail.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- A positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and be able to work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Creating in-game characters from scratch following a concept art or art direction by keeping in mind and following the technical requirements.
- Creating of textures (diffuse, normal map, specular, bump) needed to display a photorealistic human in game.
- Working closely with Tech Art, concept art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- Experience with game engines (such as CRYENGINE).
- Knowledge of xgen
- Experience with rigging, skinning or animation.
- Game or Film Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Traditional Art background (including self education) is preferred.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.