Crytek is looking for an Art Director to work on an unannounced AAA title at our Frankfurt, Germany based studio. As Art Director you will be responsible for the visual style, look and feel of the title, as well as managing the art department and ensuring the artistic vision is carried through into the game to the highest quality. You will drive, inspire and mentor the team in the execution of the visual bar.
*Please make sure to submit your portfolio*
- Create and maintain the artistic and stylistic vision of the game from concept to ship including marketing efforts and IP definition
- Responsible for leading the entire art department including concept art, 3D modeling, FX and lighting
- Hands on with team members to mentor, educate and ensure the direction is met and executed
- Responsible for creating pitches, style guides and art notes
- Responsible for ensuring the game art is delivered on time and to quality
- Excellent understanding of lighting, mood, composition and color theory
- Creating, communicating and executing the visual language for the entire team
- Creating and maintaining the branding of the project as a whole
- Champion exceptionally high visuals and production values
- Ensure game ready assets adhere to the product vision
- Coordinate with internal technology groups as it relates to pipeline and process
- Review levels, scenes, lighting effects etc. for maximum impact
- Provide creative input, direction and mentoring / support to art leads and artists
- Work with studio executives and department leads for continual process improvement
- A minimum of 7+ years of professional experience, with at least 3 years in an Art Director capacity
- 2 or more shipped titles as Art Director. Preferentially AAA titles (Please list all game credits to date)
- Excellent knowledge of 3D software, Photoshop and Game Engines
- Excellent communication and presentations skills
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Open-minded to new ideas and concepts
- Analytical eye for game design
- Organized approach to problem solving and time-management
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Be proactive and self-motivated
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!