We are looking for an AI Programmer to become a member of the CRYENGINE team at our studio in Frankfurt, Germany.
You would help us to maintain and improve our AI code and the systems to support it. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive engine solution with high performance and a modular design that is easily accessible by users.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and tools for use in internal and external projects.
- Work closely with game designers, artists and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Investigate how to create believable characters and environments.
- Design new functional and engaging features and integrate them with existing AI as well as physics and animation systems.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- 3+ years of programming experience in game AI development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong programming skills in C++.
- Experience with multi-threading,
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization.
- Experience with standard AI technology (such as finite state machines, behavior trees, path finding, etc.).
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with AI development for games or game engines.
- Experience with multi-player games.
- Experience with scripting languages (such as C# or Lua).
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!