Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square Enix family and the studio behind Marvel’s Avengers and the award-winning Tomb Raider franchise, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of game development experience, as well as our combined AAA games industry pedigree, has established us as one of best studios to work for today.
Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and plenty of days of paid time-off.
The UI Artist is responsible for quality visual design that adheres to a cohesive style guide and maintains consistency within the visual direction determined by the UX /UI Direction and Art Director. This person will work within the UI Department creating UI assets for our AAA titles. They must maintain the studios standards of high visual fidelity, hyper-realistic aesthetics, and presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with the UX/UI Director and Art Directors to establish and execute the UI aesthetic
- Create UI components (ex. menus, stats and inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, etc.)
- Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to UX design direction while following creative and art direction
- Create, edit, and optimize high quality UI assets and animations
- Develop visual systems that achieve goals from both game design and UX perspectives
- Collaborate and communicate with Art Directors, UI Director, UX Designer, UI Artist, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game UI
- Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is end user ready
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of UI tools and processes
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge
- Experience using variety of 3D or 2D software like Photoshop and Figma
- Drawing (industrial design or illustrative background), painting and texturing experience a must
- Great collaborative skills, rigorous analytical skills, and strong creative drive a must
- Must have the ability to conceptualize, present and execute ideas
- Strong understanding of game navigation and common UI patterns
- Functional understanding of 3D modeling, texturing, and animation
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Proven track record of strong organizational and communication skills (including interpersonal, writing, and editing) with the ability to multitask, prioritize efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Top level illustration, design, and animation skills
- The desire to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated individual
- 1-3 years experience as an Artist, with at least one game shipped
- Experience working with animation or special effects on a game
- Motion Design Experience
- Basic 3D Software Experience
- Ability to visualize game design when drawing is a plus.
- Experience interfacing with Programmers regarding projects
- BA from an illustration program
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.