Senior Tools Engineer
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family and the studio behind the award-winning Tomb Raider game franchise, is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent to our family. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best of the best to craft the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of development experience, as well as our studio members’ combined AAA game industry pedigree, has established us as one of the premier studios in the world today. Come and make us even better! Crystal Dynamics is headquartered in sunny Redwood City, CA, just south of San Francisco and north of San Jose.
Join the studio as our next Senior Tools Engineer! Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and 20 days of paid time-off. You also receive free access to a well-appointed 50,000’ foot athletic club (complete with a rock climbing wall and pool!), an impressive on-site cafeteria with food options for every palate, and a gorgeous natural campus by San Francisco Bay.
Crystal Dynamics is looking for a talented software engineer to maintain and extend our world class proprietary tools and pipelines. The ideal candidate would have solid large-scale software engineering skills, a proven track record of designing and implementing complex tools and pipelines & a strong desire to architect solutions (and maintain systems) within AAA development teams. This position requires the ability and willingness to design and fully implement complex tools both as an individual contributor and with the help of a small team.
- Architect and drive development of high quality tools
- Design, build and maintain new tools as an individual contributor
- Maintain and improve existing tools as an individual contributor
- Mentor other engineers to help build a solid team.
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- 6+ years game industry or related programming experience.
- Knowledgeable in overall game architecture and tools, ideally with specific experience in one or more areas of game development
- Ability to design, implement, and optimize code in new and existing systems.
- Strong skills in C++ and C#.
- Flair for Usability and User Experience (UX).
- A strong passion for games.
- A service minded attitude and a cooperative mindset.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Proven ability to define, and alter technical designs.
- Experience with parallel programming
- Experience building tools in the games industry.
- Experience working with animation, rendering, or simulation
- Experience with Python is a plus.
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V Employer.